- News & Insights
- Abington's Next Century
- Billboards in Abington?
- Epilepsy Awareness
- 2012 General Election
- Order Rain Barrels
- Upcoming Events
- Cleaning up the Park
- 2012 Traffic Summit
- Wawa Under Review
- Brandolini Archive
- Election Archive
- Equality for All
- Mission & History
- Register or Join
- Board of Governors
- Greenbaum Award
- Terms & Policies
- News & Insights
- Photo Gallery
- Maps of the Area
- Local Volunteer Opportunities
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Educational Institutions
- Arts, Culture & Environment
- Recreation & Youth Activities
Innovation & Growth Initiative: Montgomery County Benchmark
Learn about Abington's Next Century. To access a white paper that compares Abington to the rest of Montgomery County, click here >
Abington Township Human Relations Commission
There is a public hearing scheduled at the Abington Township Building at 8pm on Thursday, April 12. Please attend and express your opinion.
Endorsement by RMCA
"The Board does endorse the intent of the ordinance as a step forward in the direction of equality for all. RMCA believes that equality is the basis of a free society and that no person should be discriminated against in Abington. If the ordinance is passed, we want the Abington Township Human Relations Commission (ATHRC) to serve as an impartial facilitator."
(This is an excerpt of the letter to Abington Township Board of Commissioners. Click here to read the full letter.)
The Draft Ordinance
Please click here to read the ordinance dated Februrary 15, 2012. This ordinance is the by-product of compromise between parties and as stated above, RMCA endorses the passage of this ordinance.
• There is more information here on why the No Place For Hate program was a good start, but does not provide protection for all, and has no legal process associated with it.
• Click here to read a letter from the Anti-Defamation League.
• The Pennsylvania Human Relations Act covers many people, but not everyone. Click here to read the actual Act.
• Constitutions of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States also provide protections.
1 comments by Members are their personal opinions (see RMCA policies)
Civil Rights Leadership Conference
- Jenny Yang Sworn In as EEOC Commissioner
- The Leadership Conference Education Fund Releases New Report on Education Equity
- Yes, the Lifeline Fund is Money Well Spent
- Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) Reintroduced in the 113th Congress
- In Memoriam: Common Cause President Bob Edgar
- At Confirmation Hearing, Labor Secretary Nominee Tom Perez Says Top Priority Will Be Jobs, Training
- Spotlight on Humphrey Honoree: Martin Eakes
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Pro-Marriage Equality Ill. Republican Won't Seek State Party Chairmanship
- WATCH: Catholic School Tells Trans Teen 'Wear Girl's Gown or Don't Walk at Graduation'
- Minnesota Antibullying Bill Dies in Senate
- Minneapolis Church Celebrates Marriage Equality With Rainbow Communion Bread
- Gay Activists Interrupt Sen. Rubio's Speech
- Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill